So I’m really good a baking cookies and when I do I end up creating these fantastically strange concoctions to save my feeble attempts. This time snicker doodles turned into a baked coconut crumble dessert, but it was good! So I figured I’d share the recipe because a few people asked for it. You can easily substitute the dairy ingredients to make this vegan.
Serves a lot of people!
1/2 cup of butter (1 stick) or coconut oil
1/2 cup of kefir or whole milk or yogurt (or soy or whatever you have!)
1 1/2 cups of sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp garbanzo flour (or coconut flour to make it easier)
2 tbsp water
1 can coconut milk (15oz)
3 1/2 cups coconut flour
1 tsp baking soda
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter until light and creamy. Add the sugar and vanilla extract and continue until fluffy. Heat oven to 375F.
- Mix together the 2 tbsp of garbanzo flour and 2 tbsp of water to make a paste. Beat it into the butter mixture and then add the milk and coconut milk.
- Mix in the four and baking soda using a wooden spoon and stir to blend.
- Grease a few oven proof dishes ( I used a 3qt and a 2qt baking dish to fit all this in the oven). Spread the mixture about 3/4″ -1″ thick layer, enough to cover the bottom and make it look nice.
- Drizzle with agave nectar. Sprinkle with cinnamon and shredded coconut.
- Bake approximately 20-25 minutes until golden.
Photo credit for the coconut goes to bizior.